lunes, 8 de abril de 2013

R.I.P. Baroness Thatcher...








Margaret Thatcher (1925-2013). Here are 'some memorable moments and sayings from a remarkable life'; certainly one that shaped young Ows' life and future and I have tears in my eyes as I write this: funnily enough one of the moments I remember most clearly was listening to the BBC World Service telling us in late November 1990 how she had decided to withdraw her candidacy from the 2nd Conservative leadership ballot; she had easily won the 1st ballot but failed to gain the necessary 'new contest rules' 15% winning-margin by 1% (one percent: 4 votes; there were 16 abstentions...). I will probably refrain from forum's for a bit...probably. Please visit the The Margaret Thatcher Foundation." By complete coincidence I find myself next to Grantham... 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario