lunes, 12 de diciembre de 2005

Optical illusions...

Optical illusions have always fascinated me; especially the ones that Nature herself can spring on us, anyone who has been to Electric Brae in Ayshire, Scotland will know what I mean but no picture can do it justice: you have to see it and 'feel it' to know what I mean.

There is a great sight [sic] for man-made optical illusions, Michael Bach, University of Freiburg, Germany; the image below is from the site...¡OJO!...that means 'beware' in Spanish - the word ojo i.e. without the exclamation marks, means 'eye' - which is quite appropriate because on the website there are a pair of eyes that follow your cursor around the screen...it's fun at first but after a bit I found it quite spooky!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On a similar theme, my favourite tongue-twister, which in my experience has never been successfully 'spoken', is very simple really: quickly say, ten times, the following words:

"Red leather, yellow leather"

...in fact forget the ten times, I doubt you'll manage more than 3!

S.O.

P.S. All new R5L poster/bloggers' links will be 'up' soon.

7 comentarios:

  1. I apologise for being sick on your blog...

    K x

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Electric brae .....optical illusion at its best.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Mags! It's not all orgasms you know, tender lows need to compliment the hot highs!

    Welcome bonnielasss, to Owsblog (do you have a blog?). I thought EB was stunning, no pun on the name intended; I was there nearly 10 years ago but remember the feeling of 'rolling uphill' when we took the brakes off!

    Katey, clean that up...oh, what a stink!...in fact it makes me feel a bit...upbit...upre......huuughghhhh

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Span, That electric Bray thing in Ayrshire.... I went there, I sat in the car, I sat some more, I argues with my then girl friend who wanted to go, I sat some more and starred, I smoked a joint, ate a bannana, stared some more.... Nothing! Not a thing... Long way to go for a nothing.

    I'm the same with those magic eye things.


    Oh well...

    ResponderEliminar
  5. ...thanks MN, and welcome! You had a joint and a banana so it wasn't for nothing! I guess these things need to be 'seen' rather than looked at...;-)...but Electric Brae I thought was ace...not EXCITING but really interesting...how long were you on the magic-eye site?

    ...what about those picture thingies with dots that you stare (for ages!) at and a 3D image (should)emerge...know the ones I mean?...I'll try and post one if I find anything suitable.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. ...and what about the tongue-twister then! Come on...own up.

    ResponderEliminar