miércoles, 25 de julio de 2007

Odious offenders...

The flooding in England really is bringing out the low-life scum and maggots; of course there are various opinions and reasons as to why this flooding has been so bad but I have to share Baldinio's exasperation at some of the reasons given for the floods and those out to profit from the misfortunes of the homeowners etc affected by those floods. The crisis continues with hundreds of thousands of people now suffering the effects, many without potable water. However the depths of human depravity know no bounds: now we even have thieves stealing the flood defences! The Environment Agency (apart from confirming that more rain is due!!) says that flood defences were being damaged because some complete wankers were trying to steal them, this in and around Bewdley in Worcestershire (OK, the EA didn't use those words!): "Our staff pulled out all the stops to get both barriers up at Bewdley. These are vital structures that have protected people's homes and lives.
"It is shocking that anyone would take advantage of other people's misfortune at this time and we are now having to move staff away from their vital work to act as security."
Unbelievable...but that's not all: despite the looting and profiteering in some areas the Police are now warning flood victims to be wary of conmen exploiting the situation. They have said
"criminals pretending to be from utility companies to gain access into homes could be possible."
I think some very heavy-handed Police action is called for; no doubt with the help of local citizens. Anyone caught and charged for stealing/looting/racketeering/profiteering/fraud should be publicly bull-whipped for their shameful, disgusting behaviour (no I'm not joking!).

7 comentarios:

  1. Thanks for the link Span, I love the use of the word Maggots. I must admit that when I saw the pictures of Tewkesbury last Friday I did think 'somebody is probably organising a boat trip' and hated myself for thinking that.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Pretending to be from utility companies...!

    Some people really need to get as hard and cynical as me. Believe no one!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Yes, I like maggot as a 'major put-down', thinking or even joking (sick jokes will always come out) is one thing...doing is all together something else (well removed).

    Best way to be Lucy...just in case!

    The other day two young lads (early 20's) came round with a clip-board and a list on it - it was headed re the deaf and dumb association with a logo etc but I noticed it was a rather shoddy copy, then I noticed that all the donations were 10 or 20 Euros (relatively high) and the handwriting was similar on every 'new' name - I tried (and failed) to trip them up into actually speaking (i.e. not deaf and dumb) but sent them packing when I saw their reaction to my allegation re the forged paper etc...fine for me as a big bruiser type but imagine an old lady or young woman with children...grrrrrrr

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It's strange how extreme circumstances bring out both the best and worst of human nature.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. A bit of weather and the Brits go to pot!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. By which I don't mean they skin up a big spliff and chill... although perhaps if they did it might be better...

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I'm sure we could have figured that one out Gavin!.

    What do you think of my new header ...or maybe you can't see it.

    :-(

    ResponderEliminar