sábado, 23 de junio de 2012

Ominous omens...




...they're all around us really but do we ever connect all the dots? "An omen can be good... or not. It can be a harbinger of positive change or a warning of impending doom." writes Dale Sinner (D Sinner, honestly!) in International Man. [Update Monday: please see Dale's comment about this]. Talking of the events - now 4 years or more ago! - leading to the current financial crisis; I think I agree with his sentence: "I don't think I'm a superstitious person, but there are times when events excite some kind of primitive, back-brain sense in me that seems to say, 'Get ready'", almost a fatal attraction or curious fascination like an inability to take ones eyes off an impending disaster: watching a train crash or something. The article is from a US perspective but I'm guessing in many countries, especially the UK, you could write something similar but with details adjusted to local events: "Americans continue to object to bailouts while the government continues to hand them out."...see what I mean?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario